JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Certified Small Engine Technician
94737911

I have a 16" Bar electric Remington chain saw Model Number:

Customer Question

I have a 16" Bar electric Remington chain saw Model Number: RM1365W. the end of the plastic tube that goes from the oil reservoir to the end where it would come out automatically when the saw is in use and lubricate the chain saw is not attached to anything; hence the oil just comes out and drips out of the housing for the unit. It looks like there is a part missing that would be used to attach that plastic tube ending to the very tiny hole that would allow the oil to get to the chain saw blade when it is in use, but ai could find it anywhere when I took the housing apart. And although I have looked on line for a parts manuel for this model and brand, I cannot find any information about it. Can you help me with my problem' specifically find that missing part, which it seems to me would be a very simple matter of sticking one end of it into the plastic tube and the other end of it into the small hole next to the the revolving chain/
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 9 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible.

Expert:  JON replied 9 months ago.

When it comes to these saws, there is normally nothing avail for a rebuild of them. They look at them as throw away saws as they are $80 new, and it is not cost effective to make many parts for them as not many people repair them due to the costs. You can check Northern.com for spare parts, but they are harder to come across.