Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I put new carb on my 87 ezgo with robin engine. Now it is

Customer Question

I put new carb on my 87 ezgo with robin engine. Now it is hurly jerky when at top speed and slowing down. Cart does not have governor hook up
JA: Can you guesstimate how old the engine is? And has it done anything like this in the past?
Customer: I would say its original motor so 87, and yes it has done this before with old crab and governor not hooked up
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Has new belts, clutch, muffler, 12 inch rims, k&n intake, rebuilt fuel pump
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 2 months ago.

Hi, did you still need help with this? If so what is the model or part # of the carb?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Mikuni I believe

What's happening is it's leaning out at wide open throttle due to the increased air flow from the K&N, this is real common. Some mikuni's have replaceable jets to richen the fuel mixture others you have to drill out the jet with a tiny bit and pin vise. if you can give me the part number of the carb or model number off the engine I can look into what type you have and advise further on how to procede.