Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

I replaced my with a new one and it started great but now it

Customer Question

I replaced my carburetor with a new one and it started great but now it does not want to start.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

When did you last use it? I worked ok, with the new carburetor? If you remove the spark plug, and ground it to the engine metal, do you have good spark? Is the plug wet? If you have spark, and plug is dry, put a few drops of fuel direct into the spark plug hole, re-install the spark plug and see if it will fire for a few seconds. If it does, but will not continue to run, it is not getting fuel to cylinder. Is carburetor mounting gasket good and are the screws tight? Did you replace the fuel lines when you cleaned the tank?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I will be removing the spark plug which was my next step. The mounting gasket is on good and the screws are tight. The fuel lines are new as is the fuel tank. Thank you.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Sorry I have been out of town on unexpected probelm. Did you get it running?