Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

Honda GX620, hunting both load and no load, on a, slight

Customer Question

Hi, Honda GX620, hunting both load and no load, on a wood chipper, slight choke fixes, good spark on both coils, changed out plugs, carb was blocked with gum, spent a lot of time cleaning all ports, jets, and bleed holes, in and exh valves sealing well, tappet clearance ok, when it hunts it pops back through carb, when increase engine speed it also backfires through exhaust,
JA: What's the make and model of the chipper? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: caravaggi Chippo 10 (125mm) 1999
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: When I purchased, one cylinder did not fire due to inlet push rod being out of place, all checked out ok, cant see why, may have been like that for a long time, straightened rod , runs on both cylinders now but with hunting fault.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi, I have an update - while waiting for your reply I disassembled carby again and put it in a heated ultrasonic bath for an hour, re-assembled now it runs like a clock, no hunting, poping or backfiring. I must have missed an air bleed orifice in my first 2 cleanings. Thanks for you time.
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** welcome to Just Answer. , glad you got it fixed , I was going to suggest unscrewing the main jet and boiling the jet and carb etc