Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

SAME THING HAPPENED TO MINE, PUT IN NEW SWITCH. IT DIDNT

Customer Question

SAME THING HAPPENED TO MINE, PUT IN NEW SWITCH. IT DIDNT PLUG IN ALL THE WAY BUT IT DID ENGAGE THE BLADES. I MOWED FOR ABOUT AN HOUR AND IT QUIT AGAIN. I CHECK THE SWITCH AND PART OF IT HAD MELTED. NOW I CAN'T GET IT UNPLUGGED. I AM A WIDOW AND DON'T KNOW MUCH ABOUT THIS STUFF. I THOUGHT THE SWITCH WAS SOMETHING I COULD HANDLE, BUT NOW I'M AFRAID I RUINED SOMETHING BIG! AND NOW ONLY A1/4 OF MY LAWN IS MOWED! HELP!
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 3 months ago.

Make and model? Switch melting is sign of too much amperage going through the switch, and can be caused by a bad clutch, or the wires going to the clutch shorting out.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 months ago.

I see question is still open, did you see my response?