Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I am a lady that knows nothing about golf carts last week I

Customer Question

I am a lady that knows nothing about golf carts last week I slammed on the brake to miss a car and the cart stalled and I could not move it had it towed. turn the key on it works but will not move backwards or forward. Bought new batteries last year. Like the cart is froze won't move
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: one week
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: no I am not smart enough to do it myself
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: There is a gentleman at the golf club that fixes carts but I need to be able to tell him what I think is wrong. Again I slammed on the break and it stopped moving. Like dead weight
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  BryTheCarGuy replied 3 months ago.

Hello. The brakes apparently seized up. The question is why.. you probably have brake drums and shoes, so one of the cables may have seized up and are not allowing the brakes to release, or something inside the drum could have broke causing the brake shoes to seize to the drums.

Hi. What did you find out?