Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

I have a new troy-bilt tiller, less than 10 hours, that

Customer Question

I have a new troy-bilt tiller, less than 10 hours, that loses power as soon as I start to till. It will achieve full rpms, but not under load. When it wouldn't start yesterday I took off the carburetor bowl and found oil in it. I ran some gas through it and it then started.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Is the oil level over full or smell of gas in the oil? For oil to get into the carburetor, it would have to come through the breather pipe from the engine crankcase breather. Did engine continue to run after you cleaned the carburetor bowl? If not , i would do a complete cleaning of the carburetor and check the air filter , to see if it could be saturated with oil.