Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

I have a Ferris FW35 walk behind with a Kawasaki FX652v

Customer Question

good morning I have a Ferris FW35 walk behind with a Kawasaki FX652v engine. I had the mower tilted back so I could power wash under the deck, when I finished I noticed that I had left the ignition switch on, it would no longer turn over. I thought maybe I had got a contact wet so I put it in the garage to dry, next day it still would not turn over. any thoughts? Thanks!
JA: What's the make and model of the mower? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Ferris FW35 walk behind with a Kawasaki FX651v engine (not a 652).
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Can you turn engine by hand? If not, remove spark plug and see if engine will spin, it may have fluid on top of piston, from it being tilted back. Is this battery start unit or pull start? Is battery voltage above 12.5 volts? If battery start, locate the ignition fuse and check it.