Hank F.
Hank F., Technician
Experience:  Certified on Onan and Generac generators

I have a Generac NP-66Lpg, 1999 with only 71 hrs. in my

Customer Question

I have a Generac NP-66Lpg , 1999 with only 71 hrs. in my motorhome. I started it with the 2 air conditioners on the other day and turned it off with a full load on it. Now it will start fine but no power! I filled the 20 & 30 watt breakers and the 15 amp fuse is fine. Is it the voltage regulator? I hope the stater is fine. OR what else could it be?
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: Yes the tank is full.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No. i'm not a Generac Tech, but I want to eliminate all other possibilities.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It runs just fine, but no power!
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Hank F. replied 1 month ago.

Starting and stopping a genset with a load on it is very hard on both the genset and the load. You should never start or stop it with a load on it.

This could be a lot of different things - the genset not producing any power, a bad circuit breaker on the genset, bad transfer switch, bad circuit breaker in the coach, or even burnt appliances.