JON, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Husqvarna Service Tech

I put a new primer bulb on my mower. the other one wasn't

Customer Question

I put a new primer bulb on my mower. the other one wasn't working so I thought a new one would. I checked the hose and no holes. Air was going thu it fine. so now I don,t know what it could be.
JA: What's the make and model of the mower? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It is a Craftsman 21" 6.5 hp my guess is 10 or 12 years old. Stile runs pretty good.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Well that depends on what needs to be done.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Has a new spark plug, new filter,new primer bulb,and an oil change.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible.

Expert:  JON replied 1 month ago.

If no fuel flows when primer pushed. try doubling the gaskets on the back of the air intake box, the plastic warps over time and another gasket is needed or new cover. gasket is cheaper. I do this a few times a week at my shop

Expert:  JON replied 1 month ago.

Let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you. Please remember to RATE me as I strive to be the BEST, ***** ***** ratings help me to achieve this.