JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Husqvarna Service Tech
94737911

I have a YS4500 riding mower, model # 917-276683. It has

Customer Question

I have a YS4500 riding mower, model ####-##-#### It has been losing power. The mower still sounds strong but there is major hesitation before it will go forward or back. I sometimes have to push the forward (or back) several times before it seems to catch, but even then it only crawls along. Speculated that maybe the fuel line was blocked and did change the fuel filter and air filters without success. Problem first mainifested on hills, but now is the situation anywhere. Clutch? Transmission?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 3 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible.

Expert:  JON replied 3 months ago.

If you are having issues with forward and reverse, the problem is going to be in the drive system and not fuel system. I would check the drive belt forst off. Belts stretch and being as you stated it started on hill, I would say you need a new belt

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Where is this drive belt? This is a belt driven, not a mechanical connection to the drive train?
Expert:  JON replied 3 months ago.

I will include a diagram of the belt routing and it will also list part numbers next to them for you to see. Belt runs the full length of the machine.

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/model-number/917276683/0247/1509200.html

Expert:  JON replied 3 months ago.

Drive belt part number is###-##-####or 130969.

Belt is the first thing I would change out. I would also inspect pulleys and make sure none are worn, or broken. Make sure drive belt is properly routed as in the picture also.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
OK, I just put the drive belt on order. It will be here on Thursday. This sounds logical to me. Any suggestions on the best way to get to it?
Expert:  JON replied 3 months ago.

It is easiest to remove the deck to install. Install in the rear first and then the front. Leave the middle routing for last as that is where the idlers are and belt can be moved easier here for installing.

Let me know if you need anything else as am here for you. Please remember to RATE me as I strive to be the BEST, ***** ***** ratings help me to achieve this.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
OK, thanks.
Expert:  JON replied 3 months ago.

Not a problem.