Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Murray Model 13AN7725058. When I start to mow and engage the

Customer Question

Murray Model 13AN7725058. When I start to mow and engage the blades it throws belt off. Have had it looked at twice and it still throws the belt off.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 3 months ago.

See link above # 44 and # 54 are belt guides and guards, that keep the belt on. There is also belt guide at the drive pulley on the engine. Are guides in place and close enough to the pulleys to keep belt from coming out? Can you determine which pulley belt is coming off of?

model number is *****

# 48 is the engine pulley belt guide. see link above.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I will check this out and let you know. Thanks

OK>

While belt is off, check the spindles and pulleys to be sure you don't have a bad bearing.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Same thing still. We can put belt on, runs and mows fine. Stop and go back later start it up, it will either twist or throw belt off. I'm thinking it is doing something when we turn mower off. Checked all recommendations and everything seems to check out. We have deck completely off now and it all looks ok. What could be causing it upon shutting off

Have you replaced the belt? Once a belt is twisted, it will never stay on. Do you know which pulley is belt coming off of?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
we have replaced belt, coming off idler pulley and this morning off of side pulley

Idler pulley has belt guide that should be tight enough to the pulley to keep belt from coming out, or it needs to be adjusted, the end pulley uses the outside housing as belt guard, are they in place?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
we have to take housing off to put belt on it's so close and belt guide seems to be plenty tight. We just did it again, after putting it on it runs and mows fine. Shut it off and when starting back this time it broke

?? With new belt be sure the guides are so close to the pulley that the belt can't come out, without moving the guides!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
ok, will do

OK>