JON, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Husqvarna Service Tech

Was cutting grass....engine just died as if I turned off

Customer Question

was cutting grass....engine just died as if I turned off switch...checked connections and found 20 amp fuse was blown..replaced fuse started tractor..ran for few seconds then stopped again...fuse was blown just turning over and fuse blows...note..stater not working so battery not being charged when running....hasont really been a problem as I just charge the battrery every week or so..
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: Yes have fuel in tank...what would this have to do with electrical issue re 20 amp fuse keeps blowing??.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: if its not to complacated I want to repair as 40 miles from dealer and not a lot of money to spend...
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: safety shut-off under seat is not connected...
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 1 month ago.

If you are blowing the fuses, you are having a HOT wire issue. Majority of the time the electric clutch is the cause (What type of clutch is on this machine) I would search for a bare wire, loose wire, melted wires as the cause is near by