Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

Deere LA145. loses power when PTO for deck mower is engaged,

Customer Question

John Deere LA145. loses power when PTO for deck mower is engaged, especially going up a grade. I have replaced plugs, air and fuel filter. Spoke to JD service said it could be coil, also mentioned other electrical possibilities.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Run cylinder test! Loosen the spark plug wires, and with the engine idling, remove one wire at a time. Engine Should continue to run, if engine dies when wire is removed, the opposite cylinder is not firing. Check it for spark. (bad coil if no spark) check it for compression, and if it has spark and compression, check the valves.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Briggs twin engine can have pushrod off and run just fine on one cylinder. Let me know what you find. Thanks