Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines
72377906

I have model 40H777-0241-E1. The engine runs fine for about

Customer Question

I have model 40H777-0241-E1. The engine runs fine for about 15 minutes then it starts hesitating and dies. I replaced the spark plugs, air filters and fuel filter and I still have the problem.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 8 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is***** will be happy to assist you.

Expert:  Donald replied 8 months ago.

Stan, will your engine continue to run, if you partially, or fully close your choke?

Expert:  Donald replied 8 months ago.

Immediately after your engine dies, you need to determine if you are still getting fuel from your fuel tank, to your carburetor.

Expert:  Donald replied 8 months ago.

To check your fuel flow, remove your fuel hose from your carburetor, and place it into a suitable container, to catch your fuel. Turn your key to start position, as you observe your fuel flow.

Expert:  Donald replied 8 months ago.

If your fuel flow is still good after 15 minutes, then I would check the fuel shut off solenoid that is screwed into the bottom of your carburetor.

Expert:  Donald replied 8 months ago.

Your fuel shut off solenoid should click each time you cycle your ignition switch on and off. It has a spring loaded plunger that must retract, when your ignition switch is on, to allow fuel to flow within your carburetor. Sometimes this part will fail either before, or after it reaches full operating temperature.

Expert:  Donald replied 8 months ago.

How long have this problem existed?

Expert:  Donald replied 8 months ago.

Hello Stan. This is a follow up, to see if you had a chance to check out my suggestions. I hope all goes well for you.