Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

MY Super Z bogs down and cuts out when I start to cut uphill

Customer Question

Hi, MY Hustler Super Z bogs down and cuts out when I start to cut uphill on an incline. It does not do this on level ground or going downhill. So, I pause forward motion until the engine catches up. Granted, I had some knee surgery and the yard got 2 weeks ahead of me...some tall this grass
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: Yes, I even put new fuel in the right tank thinking that there may be some obstruction inside the left tank...same problem with either tank...only happens going uphill so far
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Could the air filter cause such a problem
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 3 months ago.

What engine do you have? Shows to have three option, and in that carburetor and fuel injected.?? I will assume it has carburetor, have you checked the float level in the carburetor? A higher float level will help, if it is starving for fuel on incline.