Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

To you. I have 4LM39B 10kw propane generator for our

Customer Question

Good day to you. I have 4LM39B 10kw propane generator for our off-grid solar home. It has served us well (15 years and about 13,500 hours). The only non-age related recurring issue is the voltage regulator. I am on my 5th or 6th one.
In February, I replaced it again and it recently went out. I may have replaced the wrong voltage regulator and I don't know if that caused the short lifespan.
Here is my question: The one that just went out was an OF9719 J. An old generac box that found was a(###) ###-####RV. Two days ago I replaced again with an OF9719. The generator started up fine and as I ajusted the voltage from 98v up to 120v I hit 124v at one point backed it down to 120v and the generator died. It will not start even if I override the Xantrex inverter. After the inverter tries to start the generator a couple of times, the fault indicator light on the Generac is found to be lit.
I changed out the voltage regulator with the bad one because I knew it would at leat work with wild voltage changes, but the generator would not start when I hooked it back up and, again the fault indicator light came on.
Any thoughts?
Thanks, ***** *****
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Hank F. replied 3 months ago.

What is the serial number of your genset?