Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have case 1818 unI loader skid loader w Onan engine. turns

Customer Question

I have case 1818 unI loader skid loader w Onan engine. turns over but no spark. fuse is good, but I noticed the overhead wire harness is a mess. my question is if it turns over when I turn the key and no spark, could the problem be from the overhead wire mess. no gauges or lights work because mice. but it turns over no spark.. where do I start
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: yes fuel
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: just where to start testing and should I start with overhead gauge wire harness or does that wiring have nothing to do with spark?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 3 months ago.

When you turn the switch on, do you have battery voltage to the coil? That is the important wire, to produce spark.