Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a dixie chopper XW2001-60 I am mowing then al of a

Customer Question

I have a dixie chopper XW2001-60
I am mowing then al of a sudden it is not cutting, my engaging Hadley is in the engaging position, so I disengaged it and renegades it and not cutting. I checked the belts and they all seem OK.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 6 months ago.

The Mower has two belts for the deck, one from the engine to the deck, the other is the deck belt. Is the belt from engine turning? See the belts in link above!

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
all belts are turning now, as I was mowing they stopped turning, I just now put on new blades. Could something in the let housing got bent, I find a thorough review of all the belts when running, they are not smooth, the engaging belts rattle and shake a lot

So are the blades turning now? If the belt is turning, the blades should be turning.?? Unless the drive pulley is loose on its shaft and the woodruff key is sheared???

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
everything is turning, still baffled, was mowing for a good while then I noticed no grass was shooting out. Disengaged then reengaged and still not turning, waited a while took off the foot plate and engaged and the belts were turning and blades but sounded bad, so I just replaced the blades and working just sounds different than it used to. Could something have slipped in the belt area or bent

I would not rule it out, but a sheared key could affect the speed of the belt, if the pulley is slipping on the shaft. it would have to be the center . double pulley.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
One last experience, started it up, engaged the blades and it sounded good, so took and lowered and hit grass and nothing or very little cutting so I got my son to sit and I took off the foot plate and the pullies wee turning sounded good but just much slowerer and had him roll over a clump and very little cut and stopped him and looked it over then all of a sudden it started turning much faster and had him run over that same clump and cut it perfect so I hit on and took off and cut about a half acre.
Bad gas!??

?? So your saying engine speed was down, not the blades slowing? That would make sense!