Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

I have a 20 horsepower 46" cut that I bought new in 2014. It

Customer Question

I have a 20 horsepower 46" cut that I bought new in 2014. It starts and runs fine. I have replaced spark plugs, deck belt and battery. The problem is when I engage the blades it will cut for a few minutes then back fires or stalls and then cuts off. I check seat safety switch and it seems to be working...please help
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

How long before it will restart? Is battery charge good, you don't have to jump start or charge the battery? The engine has an electric fuel solenoid in the carburetor, it has to have 12 volts as long as the key is on, in order to keep the main jet open in the carburetor. If it loses voltage engine dies! Or if it is overheating it can kill engine.