JON, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Husqvarna Service Tech

I have a & S 8000 watt, electric start, gas portable

Customer Question

I have a B & S 8000 watt, electric start, gas portable generator. It was purchased 18 months ago. I am having a problem with gas leaking from the carburetor as soon as I open the gas valve. My Engine model is 25T2350110G1. It appears to be a bad gasket between the carburetor and the engine. Is there a special gasket available to replace it? If so, what are the order numbers. Thanks
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible.

Expert:  JON replied 1 month ago.

Intake gasket part number for this engine are as follows:

Briggs and Stratton 797845

Briggs and Stratton 797755

Follow the link for all other carb parts, and if you need more I can provide more info

Expert:  JON replied 1 month ago.

Let me know if you need anything else as am here for you. Please remember to RATE me as I strive to be the BEST, ***** ***** ratings help me to achieve this.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Jon, the information you passed on in reference to the gasket numbers for my unit are not correct. I have already purchased those gaskets and they do not fit my engine. The link you gave also failed to show my engine model number. A local generator mechanic has informed me that my engine was made for use only on generators. Your information was of no use to solve my problem ! I would appreciate a full refund . If that is done, I will be glad to rate your service for attempting to help.
Expert:  JON replied 1 month ago.

You will have to contact customer support on the bottom of your page for refund as I only answer the questions.

You stated your model number was

25T235-0110-G1 ( no spaces in your listing)

This is a B&S engine. The link provided went to the model number provided. I can pull it up directly through B&S and send if you would like or if you have resolved problem, I will send info to customer service and let them know you would like a refund in full

Expert:  JON replied 1 month ago.

Looked up directly through the Briggs and Stratton Power Portal under 25T2350110G1.

I will include screen shot as I can try to send link but it may ask you to log in to view

Shows Intake Part numbers as listed before.

If the carb is leaking when you open the valve, the needle is not sealing once bowl if full as no fuel should come this far without the engine running unless the needle is not working properly