JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Husqvarna Service Tech
94737911

I have an featherlite weedeater fl21,its bogging down and

Customer Question

I have an featherlite weedeater fl21,its bogging down and has only one carb adj. screw, what should I do to make it run?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: It just stop running a couple days ago
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I've tried starting and it bogs down it won't stay running
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: This unit has no shut-off valve, and the unit stopped running with gas in it
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 3 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible.

Expert:  JON replied 3 months ago.

I would suggest either a carb clean and rebuild or carb replacement. I believe those carbs are no more than $25 new and a carb kit will run you around $15. The diaphragm on these goes out so easy any more. The fuel these days just tear the plastic diaphragm up inside.

Let me know if you need anything else as am here for you. Please remember to RATE me as I strive to be the BEST, ***** ***** ratings help me to achieve this.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
How do I use the carb. cleaner?
Expert:  JON replied 3 months ago.

Sorry, I got busy at the counter of my shop. To properly clean the carb, take it apart (just take gaskets out for now) you can spray cleaned in a bowl and drop carb in it and let soak for 30 minutes. Make sure the screen area is free of debris also.

Expert:  JON replied 3 months ago.