Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

This is a CH18S I bought in 1996. Yesterday we shut it off

Customer Question

This is a CH18S I bought in 1996. Yesterday we shut it off for an hour and could not restart it. It spins the starter well, fires up well, but then dies only a moment after I release the starter switch. The problem is the same this morning.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible.

Expert:  JON replied 2 months ago.

From what you have described, this is pointing towards a carb issue. It sounds like you may have a small piece of debris clogging a carb jet. If it were me doing the work, I would remove the carb and clean internally. Make sure to clean all jets with cleaner and also use air compressor to blow out the carb and jets.

Let me know if you need anything else as am here for you. Please remember to RATE me as I strive to be the BEST, ***** ***** ratings help me to achieve this.