JON, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Husqvarna Service Tech

Have a 23hp Koehler on Troy built zero turn 2 years old it

Customer Question

Have a 23hp Koehler on Troy built zero turn 2 years old it will run 6-8 minutes and quit and will not start until it cools off. Still has fire at plug. Any ideas
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible.

Expert:  JON replied 2 months ago.

Once it quits, it still has spark?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Have cleaned fuel tank
Expert:  JON replied 2 months ago.

If you still have spark once it quits, then I would direct attention towards the fuel system. Check that the fuel pump is still pumping fuel and the fuel filter is full of fuel. it could be an internal carb issue once fuel pressure is built up and would require you to remove and clean the carb. I would check the fuel pump and filter first though. Also, once it quits, remove the fuel cap and try to restart to make sure the fuel system is venting properly. If it starts after cap removal, replace the fuel cap as it is not venting properly.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Can I ask again if this doesn't work
Expert:  JON replied 2 months ago.

Yes. Please let me know if I can assist further as I am here to help. I STRIVE for a 5 star rating, and I will be here as long as you need me to be. Please remember to RATE me 5 stars also. Let me know kthe out come please.

Expert:  JON replied 1 month ago.

Let me know if you need anything else as am here for you. Please remember to RATE me as I strive to be the BEST, ***** ***** ratings help me to achieve this.