JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Husqvarna Service Tech
94737911

I have a craftsman/tecumseh mower mod.#143.016700. the carb

Customer Question

i have a craftsman/tecumseh mower mod.#143.016700. the carb screws; the one visible, and the one capped, were toyed with , with out my knowledge. i started the mower and the rpm's were extreme. i stopped the mower, tried to reset the screws, but now the pull start comes out hard and staggered. if you take out the plug ,it pulls like silk. could some help. thanks...paul.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 3 months ago.

The screw with the spring is the throttle screw. Turn it all the way inwards, and then back it out 3 full turns. May have to go inwards afterwards, but 3 turns out to start and see how it runs. The screw wit the cap needs to be turned all the way inwards.

Let me know if you need any more info and I will be glad to help. Please remember to RATE me as I strive to be the best and your ratings help me to achieve this. 5 stars is my goal!!!