Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

I have a troy built XP 3000 psi. Briggs & stratton pro

Customer Question

I have a troy built XP 3000 psi. Briggs & stratton pro series ready start 8.75 ft. Lbs torque 190 c. It ran out if gas while pressure washing bow it will start but want stay running I have changed spark plug I have to pay why are Brooks and clean flywheel the Magneto I have set set the spark plug gap setting Magneto Gap I have checked the fuel I have made sure it was getting fuel you're still the same thing to crank and run for just a second and go do it I clean the carburetor with carburetor cleaner took the carburetor Bowl put the piano playing yet everything's working like it's supposed to it yet still won't run for a second can you help me
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 months ago.

Check the fuel supply from the tank to the carburetor. If there is fuel to the carburetor, then you have sucked trash into the carburetor inlet passage and the bowl on the carburetor needs to be removed. and the float removed so you can remove the needle valve and clean the passage from the tank.