Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

Model 28000 engine throttle will not respond to control

Customer Question

Model 28000 engine throttle will not respond to control cable movement. Throttle is
stuck at running wide open. This started in the middle of a mowing session. How do I fix?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 months ago.

You are on the right track, fist thing to check is the carburetor throttle shaft and the butterfly in the carburetor. I have seen them broken or screws fall out!

Can you control speed manually at the carburetor? If you can, check the governor link. See if it has push/pull feel when you throttle engine manually. If no movement or feel from the governor linkage, the internal governor parts are broken!