JON, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Husqvarna Service Tech

Customer Question

Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible.

Expert:  JON replied 2 months ago.

What is the issue you are having with this machine?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
tarts and runs for 2 or 3 second and cut off
Expert:  JON replied 2 months ago.

If it will start and stop, I would look at the carb. being as you have cleaned the carb though...... I see this is an aftermarket engine. Give me a moment to look over the diagrams

Expert:  JON replied 2 months ago.

pull the carb bowl off and see if fuel is coming out of carb slowly. How did you clean the carb? Did you make sure to spray out all jets and apply air pressure to them? Run a wire through all you could?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
fuel runs out. I jut used carb cleaner only, sprayed all in carburetor and bowl and wiped out with paper towel
Expert:  JON replied 2 months ago.

if it will start and then stop there is still something in the carb clogging a jet.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
took it apart run a wire in every hole I saw and then sprayed carb cleaner in each hole, same results
Expert:  JON replied 2 months ago.

Can you spray a small steady stream into carb and keep machine running? Many of these after market carb have to be replaced as cleaning doesn't work. Have you checked all governor springs to make sure all in tact and not stretched?