Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

My jd lawn mower has a Kohler 15 hp ohv on it. I parked it

Customer Question

My jd lawn mower has a Kohler 15 hp ohv on it. I parked it one nite and went to start it next eve ING and it made a loud clank. When it started it was missing and acknowledge firing. . Any ide?
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: I put fresh fuel made sure the fuel pump is working. Everything seems fine e
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
I think this it
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 3 months ago.

Remove the spark plug and see if it is showing any evidence of damage. Is the plug wet? Replace the plug to see if it is causing the misfire. with this being 15 hp, I assume it is a single cylinder model. What is the mower model number?