Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

I have a Kohler Command 20 in my 721 Grasshopper with 1075

Customer Question

I have a Kohler Command 20 in my 721 Grasshopper with 1075 hrs. It is cutting out and backfiring. I have replaced the plugs, fuel pump and filter and it hasn't helped. it does it more when i'm on a bank with the tank on the down side and going up inclines.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: the last 2 months
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I have been doing it and will do more if it isn't too major. I thought about checking the ignition coils next.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I have sent it into a shop every other year for them to check it out. The other years I do the oil changes and other maintenance myself in the fall before I store it for the winter.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible.

Expert:  JON replied 2 months ago.

Sounds like you may have a partially clogged carb, and it is not getting fuel at times, and then getting too much at times. I would remove the carb and try cleaning it out with carb cleaner.