Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

I changed all belts on mower model42 inch cut, after

Customer Question

I changed all belts on mower model###-##-####42 inch cut, after changing belts it continues to run with pedal released in forward or reverse, do you have any idea what I have done to cause this?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 months ago.

Belts exact same length as the old ones? Is the long belt routed through the idlers correctly? Did you check the variable pulley to be sure it turns freely?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I cannot fix it now. Can I call you tomorrow?

I will be here, but look at the manual and the links. Call is extra charge and I don't kno what I can add. Belts will have guides to keep belts in place, are they close to the pulleys, so belt can not be slipped out until moved?