How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Curtis B. Your Own Question
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Category: Small Engine
Satisfied Customers: 27154
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
Type Your Small Engine Question Here...
Curtis B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We have a John Deere LA115. A angled rod fell out of the

Customer Question

We have a John Deere LA115. A angled rod fell out of the back. We don't know what or where it goes. It will crank but not drive. Can you help
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Happened yesterday
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes. Trying to see where it goes now. It is a small angled rod about 10 inches long. There's a small hole it goes through but you can't see to see where it goes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 8 months ago.

See link above. Is this the rod? This is the tow rod, it is used to pull lever on transmission , to put transmission into neutral. The rod needs to be put back into the lever and pinned so it will stay, using a cotter pin.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 8 months ago.

See location above.