Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

I have a zero turn cub cadet with a Kawasaki FH680V 23 horse

Customer Question

I have a zero turn cub cadet with a Kawasaki FH680V 23 horse engine when it warms up it shuts of and you have to choke it again to get it to start & run, then it shuts down again, I have looked at every possible item I know of and think there is a problem in the carb, has there been any issues here needle valve, float, jets ect. ??
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: Shutting off have to choke to get started again
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: Yes, the fuel solenoid is bypassed
JA: What happened just before this problem started? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: well before I looked at it another guy before took the valve out of the solenoid, I checked the fuel cap vents, the spark plugs, the coils, switched the lines to draw fuel seperately
JA: Anything else you want the engine expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: well before anything was done sometimes it would run good and sometimes not, kerosene was ran through it by mistake a few years ago
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible.