JON, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Husqvarna Service Tech

I have a husqvarna yth24k48 riding lawn mower that was

Customer Question

i have a husqvarna yth24k48 riding lawn mower that was running great all day until I ran out of fuel. i refueled with fresh premium gasoline. upon restart it acted like it was flooded so i let it run until it cleared out. now it starts, but won't stay running. it quits after a few minutes.
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: fuel is full. there is no shut off valve. fuel is fresh and clean
JA: What happened just before this problem started? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: as i said - it ran out of fuel. i refueled and then tried restarting. that's when the problems started. i have checked the air filter.
JA: Anything else you want the engine expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 2 months ago.

remove the carb bowl and tap the float up and down a couple of times to ensure needle is not sticking. Re-install the bowl and try to run again. Let me know outcome and we can troubleshoot from there