Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

My lawn mower is straving for fuel, have changed fuel pump n

Customer Question

my lawn mower is straving for fuel, have changed fuel pump n filter, run good for about 45 min then stall out, fuel filter will be dry, cools down and starts good run and quits again n about 30 min. same problem...mower is a simplicity riding, 54 in cut.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 3 months ago.

When it quits, do you have spark at the plugs? If ti has spark, then it has to be fuel problem.. But fuel filter usually does not show to be full when running, or stopped, but will fill when still. Where does the fuel come out of the tank? Off the bottom or out the top?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Bottom. Can take fuel line loose flows good. Stalls starving for fuel. Runs good for short time.

What kind of fuel pump? Pulse or ??

Does carburetor have a solenoid in it? t plugs the main jet when it closes, has to have 12volts at all times, or it shuts off the fuel??/

I see question is still open, did you find the problem?