JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Husqvarna Service Tech
94737911

I have a toro 74376 I need to know how to adjust the

Customer Question

I have a toro 74376 I need to know how to adjust the tracking the right side is much slower than the left side
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 3 months ago.

Is it just slower or is it pulling to one side?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Pulling to one side
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have seen the YouTube video on the smart speed but this is different there has to be a way to do adjust it I have looked all over the internet and cannot find any thing on it.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  JON replied 3 months ago.

look on the outsides of each pump. you will see a lever with a rod on it that goes to the handles. there is a nut that you will tighten and loosen to adjust it one way or the other.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok
Expert:  JON replied 3 months ago.

Let me know if you need more info. Please remember to RATE me as I strive to be the best and your ratings help me to achieve this.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I've tried doing that and that didn't work way before I ever talk to you.
Expert:  JON replied 3 months ago.

That is the tracking adjustments. If those do not change anything, then you may have a pump issue on the side not pulling as hard

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Oh I'm sure it's a bump on the side I know there's some how to adjust that but I can't figure out how..
Expert:  JON replied 3 months ago.

Does yours have the quick adjust on the front also?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Not that I am aware of
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Is that like a knob I turn because I don't have that it also barely goes in reverse I think something is over adjusted
Expert:  JON replied 3 months ago.

Have you checked that both the release valves are in proper position on pumps other than just the wire being in proper place

Expert:  JON replied 3 months ago.

Yeah, I see no knobs on your model. I am thinking of anything I can to check

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Nt sure what you mean by release valves
Expert:  JON replied 3 months ago.

the bypass valves you push/pull to be able to move mower manually

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I may have missed an adjustment that you were referring to is o it under the battery guestroom the lever to the transmission to 're top position of the piece that moves but is still part of the transmission I can send a picture
Expert:  JON replied 3 months ago.

here is a pic.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have not bypassed the transmission. Definitely not the problem. I sell mowers and am well aware of the hydro bypass.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have adjusted the tracking on two or three zeroturn and walkbehind but I cannot figure where the adjustment is
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
is it in the rod that is between the tire and the transmission and is it adjust by the tire or up front where the rod attaches to the part just before the handles and is there a way to tell wether you adjust from the left side or the right I think most you adjust from the left
Expert:  JON replied 3 months ago.
It adjusts back near rear tire. You will loosen or tighten the nut, just like you would when adjusting a brake on a regular riding mower. Toro is jnown for the bypass lever on the pump to slip is why I asked about bypass. The wire part will be there where needs to be but the lever in pump will nove slightly and not allow pumps to work.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
see that is the problem that is on a smart speed which came out the year after my transmission I have seen the video on that from you tube and my zero turn does not have a nut on the end I have tried turning the nut at the other end but it doesnot seem to make any difference it is up front where that rod goes into the things that the handles push up against
Expert:  JON replied 3 months ago.

While sitting on the machine are both handles even with one another while in (N)

Expert:  JON replied 3 months ago.

Okay, I am back at the shop this morning. I will send you the service manual for your Hydro-Gear pumps.

File too big. PM me your email and I will send it. I cant send the link as you would have to log in as a dealer to read it. I can send you many things on your mower if you would like them

Expert:  JON replied 3 months ago.

Service manual is 162 pages and Hydro adjust is on page 5-30.

This should get you back to going again in a straight line.

Let me know if you need anything else as am here for you. Please remember to RATE me as I strive to be the BEST, ***** ***** ratings help me to achieve this.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I actually found the service manual under toro's website i had to find it under the hydro-gear ezt 2200 manual. One tire was spinning forward one backward got that all adjusted but I am still having some problem with the left side going faster than the right side I am going to try to week it this afternoon
Expert:  JON replied 3 months ago.

Usually I one side is faster than the other it can be adjusted by the handles movement. are they level when pushed forward? may need to adjust one back some and see how it goes.