JohnF2015, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner/Service Technician at S & J Small Engines

Having fuse problem with my fast track. after the mower

Customer Question

having fuse problem with my hustler fast track. after the mower warms up the themower blades are disengaging. from what I read it is a fuse problem. so I replaced the fuses now the blades are disengaging while I am cutting. is there a board the fuses plug into that needs to be replaced?
JA: What's the make and model of the mower? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: it is a hustler fast tack. about 10 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no everything else is ok
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

This sounds like an electric clutch problem not a fuse problem. Can you tell me if you are still getting 12+ volts to the electric clutch when it disengages. Once the blades quit running keep everything on or running and check the voltage at the electric clutch connector. If you still have good voltage there then the problem has to be the clutch itself, some of these clutches are adjustable. If it has a triangle plate style clutch then you can adjust the clearance to .012 inches at the three slots on the clutch plate then try to run the machine and see what happens. If it has the round style clutch then there is no adjustment and you will need to replace the clutch itself.

Thank you it has been a pleasure to assist you.

Please take a moment to rate your experience.