Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

Super z 2004 with 28 hp the blade drive belt will not

Customer Question

hustler super z 2004 with 28 hp the blade drive belt will not disengauge so it will not start
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: open with clean fuel yes
JA: What happened just before this problem started? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: the blade engauge knob would not engauge after mowing for 45 to an hour let is cool off an then it would fine but now it is stuck in the on position with mower off so it cant complete the start up
JA: Anything else you want the engine expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: been using two batteries because they only last 45 to an hour it goes from full charge to dead every time iv checked everything could it be the altornator
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 2 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is***** will be happy to assist you.

Expert:  Donald replied 2 months ago.

Are you saying that your pto switch is stuck in the on position?