JON, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Husqvarna Service Tech

Have Kohler ch740s pro 27 v-twin motor that has just had

Customer Question

Have Kohler ch740s pro 27 v-twin motor that has just had carburetor rebuilt, new float and fuel pump. Motor at full speed, surges on governor but add a little choke and it goes away. Any ideas?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to I will be happy to assist you today. Give me a few moments to look over your problem, and I will get right back to you so we can fix the issue and get your machine back to working order

Expert:  JON replied 2 months ago.

Sounds like there is still a jet clogged (partially clogged). if it will run properly with the choke engaged some, there is a clogged jet still internally. Make sure to run wire through all jets you can to clear out

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
My Kohler is a 2007 model. When cleaning the carb prior to reassembly I noticed a solenoid in the bottom front of the resevoir. Seems to be the opening for the gas for the high speed jet. Any thoughts there? Only because when I cleaned the carb I shot cleaner through the jet and it came out all openings which by the way are very small
Expert:  JON replied 2 months ago.

That is your fuel solenoid. It shuts fuel off from the cylinder when running. if it is faulty and opening and closing it can cause this, but normally it either is open or closed when faulty (normally closed and engine will not start)

with the solenoid off, and hooked up to wires, does the valve on it pull inwards when the key is turned to ON position?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Didn't check. Makes sense what you say about not starting. Carb is easy enough to get to will pull it apart and check the jet and solenoid.
Expert:  JON replied 2 months ago.

okay. Let me know the out come and and we will troubleshoot from there