Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

My 445 tractor will run when cold, but in about 20 min. The

Customer Question

My 445 tractor will run when cold, but in about 20 min. The stealing starts that it will no turn, and than it starts to soon no to move. The engine is running ok, but the tractor will no steer or move.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 months ago.

The hydrostatic transmission is not supplying the pressure for the drive and steering. It requires testing of the pressures of the unit. And it pressures are low in the main unit, rebuild is necessary. Here is service manual link that starts the Hydrostat at page 775. It shows the test port for the charging pump, which is the first test that need to be made. It may be something that you would need to take to dealer to have tested and repaired. Here is direct link to manual below.