JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Husqvarna Service Tech
94737911

Used my generator last night and it ran great. I shut it

Customer Question

Hi there, used my generator last night and it ran great. I shut it down and refueled and the tried to restart and I could not get it stared. I took the plugs out and dried and filed them and still raided to start after an hour of fooling with it. This morning I woke up to find fuel dripping out of the exhaust and water dripping out the bottom of the Franck case. Pulled the oil deep stick and oil was thin and milky like water or fuel intered the crack case. I know there's a fuel silinoid by the carborater. Could that be the problem if stuck open? I took both plugs out and booth were full of gas. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: Tank half full and fuel was on but shut off now.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If possible but want to try and diagnose
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It ran great last night and seems gas is in the crack case and leaking from exhaust spark plumb ports
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 3 months ago.

It sounds like the needle in the carb didn't seal off and fuel has entered the crankcase. You will need to do an oil change and clean the carb, possibly rebuild the carb if needle is bad to repair this issue.

Expert:  JON replied 3 months ago.

The solenoid keeps fuel from entering the jet and starting. The needle is what would allow the fuel to seep over into the cylinder and overflow through the exhaust