JON, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Husqvarna Service Tech

My mowing deck hit a root and is out of. the left side is

Customer Question

my mowing deck hit a root and is out of kilter. the left side is angled forward. this puts pressure on the belt. how do i get into the frame and fix the support rods to restore it to equal perpendicular orientation?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to I will be happy to assist you today. Give me a few moments to look over your problem, and I will get right back to you so we can fix the issue and get your machine back to working order

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Expert:  JON replied 2 months ago.

What is the model number under the seat

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am at work, not in front of the machine. should i recontact when I am at the machine?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I can also bring my laptop tomorrow and it has the owner's manual on it.
Expert:  JON replied 2 months ago.

that will be fine. We can resume tomorrow if it is better for you. I want to help solve this and I will be asking many questions also

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No wheel. Let's resume tomorrow. I work on a schedule, which has gaps and people who do not show for their appointments. So it is unpredictable. I will contact you. I got the text message too. This is important, but not critical. I snapped the belt yesterday, but mowed this way (imperfectly) for many months. I have a replacement belt on the way. I just would like to have it be fully functional and adjustable. Thanks for your assistance so far. The engine has run like clockwork for 11 cutting seasons.I'll contact you tomorrow.
Expert:  JON replied 2 months ago.

Okay, I will be here. Have a good day today

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hello Jon. I have my owner's manual in front of me. Troy Bilt Transmatic Lawn Tractor - Model Series 77T. I am on p.36 of the manual, looking at part 39, lift rod. I see the bracket into which this inserts. It looks to me as if there is a slot where it inserts into the main frame of the mower. I wonder if that means the rod can have been pushed back further into that slot and so may be pushed back forward correcting the alignment of the mowing deck..
Expert:  JON replied 2 months ago.

Yes, that rod will be the first thing to bed on this machine when an object is struck with deck for the reason of the rod is much cheaper than a new deck.

Part # 39 is most likely bent. #41 can be also or instead, but #39 is normally the one to bend as it is longer and takes more of the force

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
how do I check that out? do I need to remove the fender to get at the part?
Expert:  JON replied 2 months ago.

You shouldn't have to remove fender to remove the rod.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have released the rod before in removing the deck, so know how to do that on the front end. Will it lift right out on the back end?
Expert:  JON replied 2 months ago.

You should be able to remove rod from front and then maneuver it to come out of the rear slot it rides in. To tell if it is bent is normally a hard task unless it is bent pretty bad. Normally I hold it up to a new one, but without having one..... You can try to straighten deck up with it off and see if it straightens up to where it should be.

yes, it should release easily after removed from front

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
OK. I will look at it tonight if weather holds. If not, it will likely be Sat before I can check it out. Thanks for your help. I will contact you again after inspecting. The idea of making that part more destructible makes good sense. Thanks for your help so far. I will get back to you.
Expert:  JON replied 2 months ago.

NO problem. Have a good evening.