JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Husqvarna Service Tech
94737911

I have 2006 48" Deere Lawnmower Model Lt190N5344528. The

Customer Question

i have 2006 48" John Deere Lawnmower Model Lt190N5344528. The front of the mower deck will not lift. I went to the parts store X4 & finally got the parts & a print out on how to install. The part is M147976 also 20160606DY2 and an0ther #8616.
there is not a hole in the yellow deck to go into & it is too short to got into an open square at the top. When I tried to talk to the person at the service dept. I was told he was busy. The other person there answering the telephone is the one who sold me this part and insists it is the right one but he is young & won't listen to anything I have to say I think because I am a woman. I've done business with the service guy who always does the servicing without a problem. my # is(###) ###-####
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 5 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer.com. I will be happy to assist you today. Give me a few moments to look over your problem, and I will get right back to you so we can fix the issue and get your machine back to working order

Expert:  JON replied 5 months ago.

Is it possible to upload a picture of the front of your deck? Your mower came with 2 options for a deck. a 48 and a 48C

Expert:  JON replied 5 months ago.

Does your mower deck have the front wheel in the center of the deck?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
no wheel in middle of front deck. It has 4 small wheels on side. and 2 prongs turned toward the deck the deck. i can't send you pictures and have a lot of trouble getting back to you. I hope this makes it. I have been out of town x3 wks and really need to get this grass cut it is getting snaky.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
oh, the acct# ***** ***** & the order # is16568387-700
Expert:  JON replied 5 months ago.

That is fine. The triangle part of that bar goes into the prongs on the deck. the threaded end goes to the front of the mower and should have 2 nuts for it. Let me see if I have one in shop and can send you a picture

Expert:  JON replied 5 months ago.

.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
i have those pieces but they do not seem to fit. I can see where the triangle bar fits in the prongs but then where does the groved end go?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
there is no hole for it to fit into. & I don't have a generator.
Expert:  JON replied 5 months ago.

That was posted wrong. I am uploading pic of where the threaded end should go. You should have a bracket hangs down in front of mower right behind the exhaust with a hole in it. uploading pics now

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
There is a silver plate coming down from the front of the mower. pls let me go and look & see if there is something to attach to there or a hole. will be back in touch.
Expert:  JON replied 5 months ago.

with rod inserted and without inserted pics

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
i have been back to look at the mower & your pictures several X. The triangular bar is too short to attach to a bracket at the from of the mower. There is a square sort of bracket over the deck & in front of where the triangular bar attaches to the prongs. Didn't find anything with a flap & large hole like your picture showed or anything with a big bolt & nut.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
do I need to send account each time? it is 95889375 order #16568387-700. and I'm sorry to be so much trouble. This mower has given us little trouble & it was super serviced in February.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Be back in a bit I have to go to town.
Expert:  JON replied 5 months ago.

no account number is ***** not even sure what account # this is.

Once you put triangle part in the deck, you will have to lift up on the front of the mower deck to install the threaded end.

I am searching for a better diagram to draw on for references.

Expert:  JON replied 5 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you got front mount mounted. Let me know if I can do anything to assists you further. Please remember to RATE me as I strive to do the best in a timely manner, and your ratings help me to achieve this