Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a 17hp briggs and stratton ohv motor on a craftsmen

Customer Question

I have a 17hp briggs and stratton ohv motor on a craftsmen ride on mower starts and runs well but keeps on making a popping noise in exhaust what should I do
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 3 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer.com. I will be happy to assist you today. Give me a few moments to look over your problem, and I will get right back to you so we can fix the issue and get your machine back to working order

Expert:  JON replied 3 months ago.

Popping from exhaust is normally water in fuel. May not see it but its there due to ethanol and or just moisture in the air. Other causes would be needs valve adjustment, but usually a valve out of adjustment would give you bad running conditions also. Blades would be sluggish. How much fuel is in the machine? How old is it?