Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Im working on a pressure washer with a honda gx630, this

Customer Question

im working on a pressure washer with a honda gx630, this must have an external gas tank becouse it came with no tank and a quick coupler from the fuel line, i dont have a tank so i ran a fuel line to my gas tank. engine starts and sounds great, but ive never seen so much white smoke from an exhaust? there is also what looks like a line for a charcoal type filter, that line is just hanging not being used. what could be causing this massive smoke
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: yes im actaully using my gas can, very clean
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: not sure just trying to diagnose
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: starts and runs great, just tons of smoke
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If the smoke does not clear up this can be caused by oil in the cylinders due to oil ring issues on the pressure washer piston(s) causing this issue.I have seen piston and cylinder wall damage as well as ring seating issues cause this before needing replaced.If it does not clear up this will need checked into further to locate how the oil is getting into the cylinders and then repaired from there to correct it.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete