Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

I have a prime pack 02010-2 that started then quit about 2

Customer Question

I have a prime pack 02010-2 that started then quit about 2 seconds later then tried again nothing checked the generator compartment and there was a lot of smoke I pulled cover off of the control panel replaced the 15 amp fuse pushed the starter switch and it looked like the resistor got hot and was making all the smoke what would cause this
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This issue here can be caused by a fault with shorted wiring leading to the resistor or control board or a short on the board itself.It may also be a component that the generator operates that may be shorting out causing this fault here as well.Unfortunately this will have to be checked/tested further to pinpoint and repair the component at fault to correct this issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete