Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a 2009 sltx 1054 13ak92ak056 the axle shaft on power

Customer Question

I have a 2009 sltx 1054 13ak92ak056 the axle shaft on power side of rear wheel snapped into at hub I blocked up the mower turned it on engaged trans forward and reverse everything's fine my question is can I replace just that axle shaft on that side? Thanx carl
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 8 months ago.

Yes, you can replace it, but the whole transmission has to be split to access it. Shaft is held in by snap ring, # 40 on one axle # 53 on the other. See link above.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
OK thanks I thought u could slide hammer it out and snap back in low a CV joint OK thanx so much. Carl

NO, that won't work! Sorry.

I see question is still open, please use the 5 star rating system to close the question!