Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

After about three minutes running my tractor blows the fuse

Customer Question

after about three minutes running my tractor blows the fuse even with blades off
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: I have been messing with it about three days now i took the fuse out and put in a 30 amp breaker to try to find it but have had no luck
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If i can
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: this happened another time when the mower was about a year old but left just like it came after a couple days of searching the harness but saw nothing
JA: What's the make and model of the mower? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: it is a 2001 model and the model# *****###-##-####
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 3 months ago.

Make and model? Does fuse blow as soon as key is turned on, or when key is turned to start? Or after engine is running?

I see you gave me all that! Ok. Does engine die as soon as fuse blows? If it does, check the fuel solenoid in the carburetor , to see if it feels hot. It can be shorted out, blowing fuse and killing engine. If not the fuel solenid, next would be to unplug the voltage regulator and run test with it unplugged.

My response shows as customer again!