Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines
72377906

675 series Briggs and Stratton mower won't start. I have new

Customer Question

675 series Briggs and Stratton mower won't start. I have new spark plug installed help me
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 3 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is***** will be happy to assist you.

Expert:  Donald replied 3 months ago.

How long has it been since your engine last start up, and continued to run, to your satisfaction? This is a troubleshooting question.

Expert:  Donald replied 3 months ago.

It seems that your carburetor is starving for fuel. You likely have a partially clogged main jet, or a partially clogged fuel passage in the body of your carburetor.

Expert:  Donald replied 3 months ago.

Remove the bowl bolt, and the fuel bowl from your carburetor. Clean your fuel bowl and also clean your bowl bolt. Your bowl bolt is your main jet. It have three (3) small holes in it. Use a small wire, and some carburetor cleaner in a can, to clean these holes really good. Re-assemble everything, and try starting your engine again.

Expert:  Donald replied 3 months ago.

Let's see if this works for you. Many times a basic cleaning, as described above, is all it takes to get your engine back up and running again. Please take a look at the image below.

Expert:  Donald replied 3 months ago.

The image shows the three (3) holes in your bowl bolt/main jet, that you will need to clean. You and I can continue from here. Thanks again.