Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

I have a 5500 onan generator in my toyhauler. i recently

Customer Question

I have a 5500 onan generator in my toyhauler. i recently wasrunning a harbor freight water pump while boondocking off of my 2 batteries to refill my holding tanks. My generator was running perfectly before I did this but off while I was pumping the water. When I finished pumping water I went to crank the generator and it cranks and starts while holding the start button but dies the instant I let off the start switch. I just bought a new circuit board, came today, put it on and its doing the same thing 400.00 bucks down the drain!! Help!!
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: It is full, the pump is running it will run as long as I hold the start button down
JA: What happened just before this problem started? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I just explained it, no trouble shooting, read the forums and talked to an onan mechanic who said by me running the pump without the generator running I blew the circuit board.
JA: Anything else you want the engine expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I tried the oil pressure switch ground, didn't work
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I paid 18.00, no answers yet!
Expert:  Hank F. replied 2 months ago.

What is the model number?

What fault code is it giving?

Expert:  Hank F. replied 2 months ago.

No model number yet!